Now that was stressful. I wanted this to be the final coat, but I managed to get a speck of dust on the frame. After some reading on the net, I have retrieved things and I am happy – phew.


Having had success with spraying I think I got a bit over confident and should have closed the garage door more to keep the breeze out.

It wasn’t my afternoon as I managed to tip over my can of Signal Red and lost about a third of it. On the plus side I have used a spare kitchen floor tile as a paint prep area and thus the garage floor was spared!

I don’t want showroom perfection, the loco is a functional thing, but I do want it to look as good as I can reasonably get it.

Now to wait another 24 hours before the big reveal of taking off the masking.