Well it has been just over a year since I started on Molly Ann. I am pleased with the progress and I am hoping that 2019 will see Molly Ann steaming around SC MES. It has been great fun too and I have learned a lot during the build.
Whether I achieve the ambition of getting into steam this year will depend on the next few months. I have two more kits to complete (11 and 12), I will then need to strip down and get the painting done and then some very careful final assembly. It is going to be a busy summer! To get things moving again, I am picking up Kit 11 on 9 April so expect some more build posts in the next week or so.
In the meantime, I steamed my Burrell at the weekend. The first steaming of 2019 and I fully expected a few issues. It went perfectly and I even managed to keep all of my fingers out of the machinery!
I am also excited to be getting some new wheels in the next few days. At the other end of the tech and engineering spectrum from steam engines, it is a Jaguar I-Pace.